Fasten buckles & belt fittings
Making your own belt is super fun, not only because you can personalize it yourself, but also because you’ll have a very unique belt!
What do you need to make a belt yourself?
- leather belt strap
- belt loop
- belt buckle
- (belt fitting)
How do you make a belt yourself?
- Pass the end of the belt strap through the back of your buckle.
- Then push the buckle tongue through the elongated perforated hole.
- Then slide the end of the strap through the end of the buckle.
- Fold the end of the strap under itself so that the two screw holes meet.
- Place the two open sides of the rivets into the two holes of the belt strap at the top.
- Next, flip the belt loop over and add some glue to the inside of the rivet, then flip the other side of the rivet on.
- Now that the buckle is attached to the belt, the next step is to make belt holes.
- If you don't know your size yet, it can be useful to measure it first or else use a belt as an example that fits well.
- Make dots with the marker on the places where you want to make the holes (TIP make sure there is 1.25 cm between the holes).
- Then take the pliers and make the holes
- And voilà you have a belt!
Click here for our collection buckles and belt fittings