Product detail page
This sword is based on the Gilling sword, a richly decorated Saxon sword from the 9th century from the collection of the Yorkshire Museum.
This replica is a more modest version of the original. The grip is made of wood and covered with leather. The blade is made of EN45 carbon steel and it has a Scale of Rockwell hardness of HRC 50. The pommel and the cross-guard are made of steel.
Total length: approx. 85 cm
- Blade length: approx. 66 cm
- Blade width at guard: approx. 4.8 cm
- Blade width at tip: approx. 25 mm
- Cutting edge: approx. 2.5 - 3 mm
- Weight: approx. 1100 g
- Balance point: approx. 12 cm from the guard
- Rockwell hardness: approx. 50 HRC
This sword is a Petersen type R.
This item is produced in limited quantities only. This means that every piece is unique. Sizes & finish may vary lightly from piece to piece.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Click here for more information on the European arms acts.
99disclaimer© Celtic Webmerchant - Theme developed by totalli t|m e-commerce