The falchion was a European sword that was used between the 11th and 16th century. It was a single-edged sword and its model combined the qualities of a sword and an axe.
This re-enactment falchion is made in Scotland.
- Battle-ready Sword Category : SK-A
Learn more about our classification for blunt practical swords
- Total length: approx. 87 cm
- Blade length: approx. 71 cm
- Blade width: approx. 3.0 cm
- Cutting edge: 2.5 - 3 mm
- Weight: approx. 1150 gr
- Balance point: approx. 8.5 cm from cross guard
- Rockwell hardness: approx. 50 HRC
- Blade material: EN45 carbon steel Product details:
Length: 87 cm;
Blade length: 71 cm;
Grip length: 16 cm;
Blade width at guard: 3.0 cm;
Weight: 1150 g;
Balance point from guard: 8.5 cm;
Steel type: EN45 spring steel, hardness 52-54 HRC;
Edge: blunt (3 mm, battle-ready);
Tang construction: Full tang construction;
Grip wrapping: Wood, Leather;
Based on a historic original: Yes;
Transport weight (in gram): 3000 *
This item is produced in limited quantities only. This means that every piece is unique. Sizes & finish may vary lightly from piece to piece.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Click here for more information on the European arms acts.